Sunday, February 1, 2009

Camelot Response


I thought the overall portion of the movie was not too bad. Despite it being an older movie with weird singing and what not, it was pretty easy to follow the story line. I appreciated how the plot of the story was not too difficult. Also, I thought the movie gave us a good look at what life may have been like during that time period. Despite the singing, I thought they did a good job of getting the story across. The film has universal human appeal in many ways. For example, there is a love story involved, which appeals to every human. Also, there is always violence and fighting involved. The violence can appeal to many humans across the world, however there is an opposite effect as well that humans have-especially when the guy almost dies after being jousted by Lancelot. I think this movie does show some Christian significance. For example, we see the sinful desires of humans in here between Lancelot and Arthur's wife Genvieve. They secretly are in love behind Arthur's back. This shows the sinful temptations and desires of humans. Also, we see that Arthur has hope that his relationship will become better and that his kingdom won't be corrupted and fall. Therefore, I thought that they did an okay job in this movie, but it would appeal to me much more if there was no singing.

No comments: